aches and pains
This last week I felt like my squeaky body was falling apart.
Nothing dramatic, but it just seemed that all my limbs and some other general regions of my body were all screaming and competing for attention.
I don't mean to complain, but I figured I'd dedicate this blog to all my hard-working bits and pieces.
So my right hand started acting up, it's affecting my grip and my fist. It seems like the joint in my middle finger snaps and is slightly sore, so I need to be more mindful of how I roll and tighten my hand. On the left side, it's my elbow that started complaining the other day. That one made me a bit worried, as it's affecting my push-ups and I need to catch up on a lot. It's getting better again, and yesterday was a good day to get extra push-ups done because it was finally a little cooler, but I also reminded myself that if it gets worse again, I could miss days' worth of push-ups. I know, I know, there is always the option of holding planks, but I really dislike planks (yet).
My right thigh was telling me I overdid something last week, although I'm not entirely sure what it was. I was working on a section in our fight choreography where I'm on my knee, switch knees to change direction, and then backward shoulder roll to end up in a standing pose. I think something in there was new, and probably too much too soon. I had this really severe muscle ache that seemed to want to communicate, "What in the world were you thinking and doing to me?" I could barely do my bow-ins in class on Wednesday. And then just to make sure it's all well balanced my ankle on my left foot was sore and complained at certain moves.
My lower back also wanted some attention, and my monthly cycle made sure I embraced the well-known soreness. Our tight schedule on Wednesday didn't allow me to pick up painkillers in time, and I very much contemplated sitting out to watch tai chi and the two kung fu classes. In the end, I figured I missed so many classes already this summer and I pulled through. I celebrated myself for it, and actually I probably would have focused more on how achy I felt sitting on the bench than participating in class.
In any case a lot of these issues are getting better and are almost gone. I often deal with something rather, but this week just seemed ridiculous, and I was kind of laughing and crying about myself, not quite sure which part I needed to comfort most.
Comments
Post a Comment